Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bah Humbug!



What does Christmas really mean to you? Do you automatically think "OH, I want to get that person this, and this person that!". Christmas is just a commercial holiday. The real meaning has become eclipsed by stores with huge sales and planning five different meals to be eaten all in one day. No one even thinks about the reason why we celebrate the damn holiday in the first place.
I'm just beating around the bush about what a customer said to me today, the real reason I'm ranting is because this Christmas doesn't make me happy. I have no Christmas spirit, whatsoever. There were times in life when I was so happy to give Christmas gifts to friends, to decorate the tree with my family, and to see all of the lights around town. Not to mention singing hymns in church and holding a candle on Christmas eve. However, right now there is no appeal in any of these things. This holiday season seems different than all of the others. Whatever it is, I want it to go away so the holidays can be "merry and bright".

Happy Christmas,
Love Papey

ps. this was written after 16 hours of sleep, an eight hour shift at acme, and a nice dinner a the Kerr's house.
ps.s. I'm not depressed if your thinking that, I'm just not exited for the holidays.

Things you should know

Disclaimer: I have never and never will partake in drugs. The phrase "Go Smoke A Goat" comes from the bad hearing of Ali S. and I as we heard fellow members of the marching band say "Go 'stoga go" which was misinterpreted


Blogs


Easily Distracted
Multimedia Of The Mind
Mostly Harmless
Four Weddings and a transvestite
A Day in the Life of a Beatle Maniac
Mocking Music


Webcomics


Honeydue Syndrome
Alternate
Aves *NEW
Questionable Content


Cool links